General information about seasonal sports at IMS is outlined below. For specific event schedules, visit the Athletics Tab/Calendar tab. On this calendar site you will find more in-depth information on each sports program and schedules.
Fall Sports for 7th/ 8th Graders
7th grade Girls’ Volleyball
8th grade Girls’ Volleyball
Boys’ & Girls’ Cross Country
Winter 1 Sports: 7th/8th Graders
7th grade Boys’ Basketball
8th grade Boys’ Basketball
7th grade Cheer Leading
8th grade Cheer Leading
Winter II Sports: 7th/8th Graders
7th grade Girls’ Basketball
8th grade Girls’ Basketball
Spring Sports for 7th/8th Graders
Boys’ and Girls’ Track
6th, 7th, and 8th Grade
Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball and Volleyball
6th - 8th grade Football offered through Ionia Parks and Recreation
Swim Club-offered through YMCA
Middle School Wrestling runs from January to March. All student-athletes are encouraged to participate. But it will not be easy. As a matter of fact, it will be one of the hardest “things” you will do during your middle school years. So, why wrestle? Because wrestling ...
- Develops basic athletic skills
- Develops personal responsibility
- Develops mental toughness
- Teaches about nutrition and weight maintenance
- Brings kids together and builds a strong camaraderie
- Develops discipline
- Brings different cultures and countries together
- Teaches an individual how to focus on something and master it
- Provides opportunities to further education!
Wrestling is fun! For more information, visit us on Facebook@IoniaWrestling or email Coach Craig Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you on the mats this season!